Design festival ‘Us By Night2019’ inspired 9.000 visitors of 48 different nationalities with state of the art talks and a night market.
Us By Night is a unique nocturnal experience, organized for the fourth time in Antwerp. The combination of an inspiring line-up and an endless night market made Us By Night into a successful international 'festival for creative professionals' in Antwerp.
During the three day festival visitors could join inspiring talks about design, modern art, illustration, motion design and film.
- ‘The Living Room’ offered an intimate setting where the audience was on arm’s length with design heroes as Na Kim, a graphic designer from Seoul, as B-Architecten from Antwerp and as illustrator Sebastian Curi from Barcelona.
- ‘The Tutorial Stage’ offered hands-on workshops with artiest and companies as Google Mobile UX from Dublin, 3D artist Chris Schmidt from Chicago, Digital Artist Wieger Poutsma from Amsterdam.
None other than designer & illustrator Rizon Parein is the curator of Us By Night. As an Antwerp resident, he is at the top of the international design world for a while now, working for clients as Nike, Apple, Jay-Z, Google, Facebook, Mercedes, Xbox, etc.
Since 2015, the first edition of Us by Night, he has succeeded in bringing national and international artists to Antwerp for Us By Night.
This year's three-day festival on art, design and technology was housed in a new location, an hangar near the river Scheldt. The Wow effect was guaranteed. The Waagnatie was transformed into a visual bomb. Literally, with the largest disco ball in the world and a colourful décor with XXL LED walls, video installations and art interventions, arcade games, table tennis and live painting. The night market, where the focus was on experience, became the beating heart of the festival.
For Us By Night, we use superlatives in Antwerp year after year. The naked numbers for Us By Night 2019:
- sold out two weeks before the start of the festival;
- 3000 visitors a day for 3 days;
- 48 different nationalities. 48!
- 73 international speakers and artists in the line-up
This success confirms Antwerp's international position and attraction as a hub for the creative industry and design, where designers are given a world of opportunities to develop, grow and connect internationally.
Don't want to miss Us By Night next year?
Make a note of the fifth edition, Us by Night2020 in your agenda on 24, 25 and 26 September 2020.
And Early Bird tickets are available. Check the website usbynight.be
Discover more about our creative pool: Antwerp is a city of creative minds.