The City of Antwerp invests heavily in encouraging talented & innovative entrepreneurs to come to Antwerp and explore real business opportunities in the region.
That’s why the City is pleased to invite you to the Antwerp Pitching Competition for Israeli startups, taking place at the Antwerp Business Seminar on DLD Innovation Festival, Wednesday September 6th 11.30h - 12.30h, Tel Aviv.
5 Israeli startups developing products or services in the fields of IoT, Smart Logistics or eHealth, are invited to pitch their company to a jury consisting of established Belgian and Israeli industry experts.
The winning startup will be invited to Antwerp for a period up to one month, to explore business opportunities in the city and in the Flanders region. Accommodation and travel expenses will be provided free of charge. The city of Antwerp can actively generate business leads and market insights tailored to your company.
In addition, you will get the chance to meet with the entire Antwerp delegation during the Business Seminar at DLD, consisting of startup companies, corporates, research and industry experts in smart city solutions, digital innovation and innovative healthcare.
- Fill out the below application form
- Prepare a presentation (max. 10 slides) and/or a short note (max. 4 pages), detailing an introduction to your company, with a particular focus on your product, present and future market strategy, team, financial status (turnover, financing) and a motivation on why the Antwerp region is of interest to your organization. This document will only be used to select which 5 companies are eligible for the pitching contest. You will not be able to use it during the pitch, if you are selected. Please send it by mail to project manager Digital Innovation Joris Moorthamers at email@example.com, before Friday August 25th
- Each applicant will receive feedback by Thursday August 31st on whether or not they are selected for the competition
- You will pitch for 3 minutes, without a presentation. Be ready!
The members of the jury:
- Caroline Bastiaens, Vice Mayor City of Antwerp
- John Baekelmans, Managing Director & Vice President imec
- Lode Uytterschaut, Founder Start it @kbc
- Liora Schechter, CIO Tel Aviv Municipality
- Dr. Edna Pasher, Chairperson of The Israeli Smart City Institute
- Joris Moorthamers, Project Manager City of Antwerp