The City of Antwerp strives to make its digital applications as accessible as possible.
Everyone should be able to easily use and view the information on businessinantwerp.eu, including the visually impaired, the blind, the hard of hearing, the deaf and people with other disabilities. This accessibility statement indicates the extent to which this website meets the predefined guidelines.
Non-compliance with administrative decree
- Criterion 1.1.1 Non-textual content: Some images do not have correct alternative descriptions for the blind and visually impaired.
- Criterion 1.2.2 Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing (pre-recorded): Not all videos include subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Criterion 1.2.5 Audio description (pre-recorded): Videos do not include audio description for the blind and visually impaired.
- Criterion 1.3.1 Info and Relationships: Headings, tables and orientation areas are not formatted correctly throughout the source code, causing them to be read incorrectly by screen readers.
- Criterion 1.4.10 Reflow: The website scrolls horizontally on some pages when magnified up to 400%.
- Criterion 1.4.11 Contrast of non-textual content: Some graphics, such as the focus indicator when navigating with the keyboard, scores inadequately on contrast.
- Criterion 1.4.13 Content for hover or focus: Tooltips are not useful when enlarged.
- Criterion 2.1.1 Keyboard: Some elements are not accessible and/or operable with the keyboard such as the links in the e-desk and fold-out panels.
- Criterion 2.2.1 Timing adaptability: After the session time expires, you are logged out without warning.
- Criterion 2.4.3 Focus order: The focus of screen readers is not controlled by page changes.
- Criterion 2.4.4 Link target (in context): The purpose of a link cannot always be inferred from the link text or its context (e.g. read more).
- Criterion 2.4.7 Focus visible: Not all interactive elements have a visible focus indicator.
- Criterion 3.1.1 Language of the page: Foreign-language pages do not have correct language settings.
- Criterion 3.1.2 Language of components: Foreign-language content does not have correct language settings.
- Criterion 3.2.2 On inputs: There are unannounced changes of context on entry.
- Criterion 4.1.1 Parsing: The website contains HTML validation errors related to accessibility.
- Criterion 4.1.2 Name, role, value: The website contains elements with an incorrect name, role or value, causing them to not be read correctly by screen readers.
- PDF files: PDFs and other downloadable files do not meet WCAG criteria.
Compatibility with browsers and supporting technologies
This website was created to be compatible with most common assistive technologies for accessibility.
To ensure an optimum experience of the website, it is best to have the latest version of your browser. With older versions, the website may look different or certain features may not work. With very old browsers, surfing might even become unsafe.
Most browsers provide the ability to have new versions updated automatically, we recommend this so that any security issues are fixed as quickly as possible on your device.
For smartphones and tablets as well as desktops and laptops, it is best to make sure you have the latest software update of the operating system.
Businessinantwerp.be works optimally on the most recent versions of the browsers listed below. You can click on the links to see how to download the latest version.
Desktop and laptop (Windows 10 or Apple macOS):
Smartphone and tablet (Android or Apple iOS):
Additional measures to promote accessibility
The following measures were taken to promote compliance with the guidelines:
- Accessibility is included in our communication strategy.
- Accessibility is included in the values of our organisation.
- Accessibility is included in our internal policies.
- Accessibility is an essential part of our sustainability strategy and an integral part of our procurement policy.
- Our staff are supported and encouraged to develop their knowledge of accessibility keep it up to date.
Accessibility PDF documents
There are PDFs on this website that are not fully compliant with the guidelines. If you need an accessible version of this file, request it at firstname.lastname@example.org. We commit to delivering an accessible version within 7 business days.
Feedback and contact information
Do you have comments or experience accessibility issues that have not yet been addressed and are not listed as work items? If so, please let us know.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We will strive to provide an answer within 7 business days.
Were you not helped effectively? The ombudsman will process your report once you have talked it through with the city, i.e. after you have first presented your problem to the city itself. She/he handles your report independently and mediates where possible.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call +32 800 94 843 (free of charge) or drop into the office at 25 De Coninckplein, near the Permeke Library. The entrance is on Muizenstraat and opening hours can be found at: www.antwerpen.be/ombudsvrouw.